Following Christ : Experiencing Life The Way It Was Meant To Be
1. Follow the Leader/High Stakes in the Game Called Life
2. Life the Way it Was Meant to Be/Finding the Road Less Traveled
3. The Follower in All of Us/Submitting to the “Hound of Heaven”
4. The Tyranny of Self-Directed Living/Why We Need a Leader
5. The Compelling Christ/Why Wouldn’t You Follow?
6. It’s a personal Thing/The Pleasure and Power of Intimacy with Christ
7. Radical Reformation/Transforming Conduct and Character
8. The Compelling Cause/Where Will He Take Us?
9. Netlessness/What is That in Your Hands?
10. Getting Out of the Way/The Risk of Relapse
11. Following as One/Breaking Up Is Not Hard to Do
12. Followers Are Blenders/Group Dynamics for the Trip
13. Cross-Bearing/The Ultimate Challenge to Following
Do you want your life to count for Christ? Would you like to make a real impact for God’s kingdom in this world? You can-and you don’t have to be a great leader for it to happen. Just a good follower.
In Following Christ, Joseph Stowell shows why Christ’s command to “Follow me” isn’t merely the starting point of Christianity. It’s the very heartbeat of vibrant, effective faith. And its not just for a few gifted leaders, but for all believers.
“Christianity is a relationship, an adventure, a passionate pursuit of Christ,” says Stowell. “Followers escape the drudgery of a system of rituals and regulations, and revel in the discovery of the ever-interesting Christ.”
Stowell shows you what happens when an ordinary man or woman pursues not the trappings of Christianity, but Christ himself.
– What a “non-negotiated” follower looks like
– Why God does his best work through followers
– Why self-directed living is a recipe for emptiness
– What makes Christ so worth following
– How Christ transforms our character
– What it means to pick up your cross
– Why a close walk with Jesus is the key to effective living
This inspiring book cuts through the side-issues of Christianity to reveal its true, compelling object: Jesus Christ. As his fully devoted follower, you’ll discover a dynamic and refreshing way of living-one that will sustain you through life’s valleys and provide breathtaking spiritual vistas from its peaks. Its Christianity the way God intended it, marked by simplicity. Vigorous faith. Purpose and direction. Soul-winning impact on those around you.
And above all, a joyous, growing closeness with Christ.
in stock within 3-5 days of online purchase
SKU (ISBN): 9780310219347
Binding: Trade Paper
Published: February 1998
Print On Demand Product
Problem Of Pain$17.99Add to cart
For centuries Christians have been tormented by one question above all — If God is good and all-powerful, why does he allow his creatures to suffer pain? C. S. Lewis sets out to disentangle this knotty issue but wisely adds that in the end no intellectual solution can dispense with the necessity for patience and courage.
Faith ARTpad 2 In 1 Bible Journaling Sheets$9.99Add to cart
Wholesale$ 5.00 / Min. order is 6
1. Create and embellish Bible pages
Create illuminated journaling artwork on blank side
Date and note your personal journey on back side
Detach at perferration for full sheet OR customize for2″ journaling Bible margins
Embellish meaningful Bible pages (adheres best with washi tape)
2. Keep as journal of illuminated artwork
Packaging : hangable ziplock bag
Mere Christianity$17.99Add to cart
Arguably the 20th century’s most influential Christian writer, C.S. Lewis sought to explain and defend the beliefs that nearly all Christians at all times hold in common. His simple yet deeply profound classic, originally delivered as a series of radio broadcasts, is a book to be thoroughly digested by believers and generously shared with skeptics. Paperback with French f laps and deckled page edges.